Friday, March 8, 2019

Zilch #133 Celebrate Peter Tork Pt 1

We celebrate Peter Tork,musician,composer and actor,best known as the keyboardist and bass guitarist of the Monkees. He was born February 13, 1942, and he passed away February 21, 2019. If you want to express love for Peter....His family is asking fans who would like to make contributions in Peter’s name to donate to the scholarship fund at The Institute for The Musical Arts in Massachusetts, a nonprofit that provides young women with music education, music recording, and music community. More info can be found here: http://www.ima.org/help-out/in-the-name-of-our-mothers/
Get "Relax Your Mind" here
https://petertork.bandcamp.com/album/relax-your-mind-honoring-the-music-of-lead-belly
Originally aired 3/08/19
We were born to love one another.
www.redbubble.com/people/designsbyken/works/12348740-zilch-podcast?c=314383-monkees-inspired-art
Join our Facebook page
Find us on Twitter @Zilchcast

Download (right click, save as)

9 comments:

  1. Oh man...I love this completed version of Til Then! It needs to be included on any new Monkees recording. A perfect final sendoff for Peter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Least favorite? He was always my favorite Monkees (the reason why I learned the Guitar, Bass, Keyboard, Percussion, Mandolin, and just about anything I could get my hands on). Met him 2 times in the 90s (nice guy). He was always the underdog of the group. Thanks for the tunes and smiles RIP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was 5 years ago at the start of the project we call "Zilch", I now see it differently for sure, Peter is amazing.

      Delete
  4. Audio and Video exsist of SSB performing with Johnny Johnson!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was happy that Peter's passing was announced on ABC's World News Tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard that Peter Tork's passing wasn't announced on "Good Morning America" or TMZ. It was announced on the Today Show and CBS News

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all you do. I can't believe I'm still mourning for a man I didn't actually know. I felt like I knew him because of his Monkees character, and from seeing him in at least a dozen concerts from '86-'90. After listening to this podcast, I feel validated and I know that I'm not alone. I'm so glad Peter got the opportunity to shine his light for the world, and so glad I got sucked into its glow. Peace, Love, and Peter Tork, Winna from Wisconsin

    ReplyDelete